Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22: why'd the chicken cross the road? (or crosses and feathers)

I finally had the chance this morning to sit down and sew!  First up, I worked on some cross blocks for my new pattern.  The pattern is actually written, I just needed to test it and make the cover projects.  Hopefully, this one will be done soon - I love it!  These are done with a solid grey and 3 different shades of shot cottons.



Not a chicken, but... I know that the feather trend has been around for awhile, but I'm finally starting to like them.  When one of my friends posted the link to a fabric feather tutorial on Pinterest, I had to try it!  This is actually my second one - I decided to make an extra small one first, and lets just say it didn't work.  Since we don't have a printer at home, I just free handed the design onto the interfacing, instead of tracing theirs.


I've already started sketching for a feather quilt.  We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment