Saturday, November 3, 2012

November 3: water lilies (or palmettos)

I spent most of the last week in Houston, TX, for a trade show - Quilt Market.  It was fun, but hard work, as always.  I blogged about everything I did over at the Quilting Adventures Blog.  I came back with ten million ideas, including many for new projects and classes.  I'm working on Carolyn Friedlander's Palmetto pattern as a new class.  Except I wanted mine to look like water lilies, not palmettos.


 

 If you look carefully,  you can see that I'm actually foundation piecing, not paper piecing these.  I hate paper piecing, but I am so excited to be able to foundation piece these - I can't wait to teach the technique!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've seen this pattern before. It's really cute. I love how you're turning them into water Lilies.

    ReplyDelete