Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2: Bubble pouch

Last Friday, Michelle over at Michelle Patterns announced that she was discontinuing quite a few of her patterns and was offering a special deal if you bought all of them.  I liked a few of the designs, and I knew my wife would love some of the others, so I decided to just buy them all!  I printed off the patterns for the Bubble Pouch, the Pleated Pouches, and the Box Wallet.  I grabbed some scraps - some of Carolyn Friedlander's Architextures line (I'm getting near the end of this - my favorite print from her line in what my co-workers would call "Phoebe green") and a piece of Kaufman's Essex cotton/linen blend in Grey.  I experimented with the interfacings and used woven fusible interfacing (Shape Flex) and Dream Cotton's Select-weight batting (my favorite!) - next time I think I might just do the woven fusible interfacing.  The final result:



A darn stinkin' cute bag!  It's about 4" x 3" x 1.5" - a little on the small side for me, so I'm not sure what I'll use it for.  Oh well, I enjoyed sewing it, and the pattern was great, which at this point is all that really matters!

Sorry for the not-so-nice pictures.  It just wasn't going to happen any better today, and I so wanted to show it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment